We provide the strategic leadership for pharmacy in Wales in developing workforce intelligence and planning activity which enables workforce transformation.
We are working to:
- ensure the commissioning of pharmacy education and development meets the ambitions of Pharmacy: Delivering a Healthier Wales and the strategic objective of HEIW
- improve the quality and completeness of multi-sector pharmacy workforce data (including leading on the development of definitions job roles and standardising terminology)
- ensure there is appropriate development of planning skills in the pharmacy workforce across all areas of practice
- provide analytical insight and intelligence which supports the development of the current and future shape of the workforce
- optimise pharmacy visibility in Health Board and Primary Care Cluster planning processes with a clear narrative aligned to ‘Pharmacy Delivering a Healthier Wales’ and Wales Health and Social Care Workforce Strategy.