We are recruiting patient representatives to help us decide which universities should be awarded contracts to deliver heath care education. Universities in Wales will be asked to bid for these contracts, explaining to us why they think they are the best education providers to train our future nurses, midwives, physiotherapists, podiatrists, audiologists, paramedics etc.
We go out to tender in October and will evaluate the bid submissions in January and February 2021.
Patient representatives will be asked to:
- Meet online with a member of HEIWs team to talk though the role and their suitability
- read bids from universities and give them scores on how well they think they meet the criteria
- be part of whole evaluation panel and to be actively involved in the final scoring and discussions in terms of which University should be awarded which contract.
Patient representatives will need:
- to be able to commit to whole process, this will involve a day’s training in January 2020, 2 weeks to read all bids and a final 2 days in February 2020 where all evaluators will meet to agree final scores (this is likely to be online)
- to be a confident communicator that can express their own views and take on board the views of others
- to be computer literate and have access to necessary IT equipment
- to be able to evaluate large amounts of information.
We (HEIW)will provide:
- Training in terms of the role and responsibilities
- all necessary documentation via online portal
- payment for any travel and accommodation costs if we are able to meet face to face.
- reimbursement to an evaluators employer if they are currently employed and their employer agrees to release them.
We think this is a fantastic opportunity to shape the future of our healthcare workforce education to meet the needs of the NHS in Wales.
If you are interested in becoming a patient representative or have any queries email email@example.com