Why would you want to work for NHS Wales?
Here are 7 of the many great reasons to work for NHS Wales:
- It’s a rewarding job choice with amazing opportunities!
With over 350 roles to choose from you can spend your whole career with NHS Wales making a real difference to your local community.
- We’ll invest in you
We pay the fees for a number of healthcare degrees and there are also bursaries available.
- You don’t have to go to university to work in NHS Wales
We’ll train you on the job, which means you can start earn while you learn!
- We’ll help you achieve your career goal
With an annual personal development review we’ll support your career aspirations.
- Want job satisfaction? You’ve got it!
Because we bring likeminded people to together you’ll be in good company.
- Achieve work/life balance
If 28 days leave and bank holidays weren’t enough you can also purchase extra leave. We also have a range of flexible working patterns and enhancements for working on weekends.
- As an NHS Wales employee your views matter
We consult our staff as part of decision making processes by inviting them to take part in staff surveys.
You’ll get loads of perks and here are just some of them:
- Incremental pay increases
- 37.5 hour standard working week
- Pay enhancements for shifts, overtime or out of hours
- 28 days holiday that increases with service plus bank holidays
- The NHS Pension Scheme is one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK
- Occupational health & counselling services
- NHS Discounts
- Flexible working arrangements to strike work/life balance
- Childcare vouchers
NHS Wales Agenda for Change pay scales ensures fair pay for all NHS employees. Jobs are categorised in bands which have specific pay scales assigned. Employees will start at the bottom of the pay scale for their band and increase to the top over time.
Details on the specific pay scales for each band is available.