The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- represent the public interest
- safeguard patient safety
- ensure consistent, transparent and robust decisions (and processes)
- scrutinise appointments and assessments
- help with quality and standards
- give the Deanery feedback.
You will meet these requirements by attending events for us and sharing your opinions.
All of our policies and procedures can be found in the lay representative induction pack and handbook as well as information about events you may be asked to attend.