Primary and community care academies
Each health board's primary and community care academy coordinate and/or deliver local training and education. They work closely with local workforce leads and the primary and community care workforce.
Academies are responsible for:
- assessing the local education and training needs after concertation with independent contractors, local workforce teams, professional collaboratives and clusters
- providing support to enable primary and community care staff to develop their skills through local commissioning of training and education programmes
- expanding local capacity for training environments and educators to host training and development opportunities
- planning future workforce needs and to inform national commissioning of education and training places
- supporting local multi-professional teams to work together effectively to maximise top of license working through education and training
Academies work closely with our multi-professional unit to ensure that there is a well-coordinated and effective programme for development of the multi-professional workforce across Wales.
For more information, click on your local health board primary and community care academy link below: