Skip to main content

Return to practice

Doctor talking to a patient

If you’re a qualified healthcare professional who has not practised for a while or your registration with the professional body has expired the following pages will explain how you can return to practice and the finance support NHS Wales offers.

Rehabilitation process
Return to practice for allied health professionals and health care scientists

If you have been out of practice for more than two years you will need to update your skills and knowledge before you can re-register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).

Two doctors discussing
Return to practice for nurses, midwives and specialist community public health nurses (SCPHNs)

In order to maintain registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) nurses, midwives and SCPHNs now need to complete the NMC Revalidation Process.