What is the Wales Health Student Forum?
The forum is a multi-disciplinary forum comprising of pre-registration health students in Wales that has been in place since 2006. It offers an inclusive environment for pre-registration healthcare students in Wales to:
- have a voice
- provide peer support
- share knowledge and resources
- discuss placement experiences
- challenge and highlight concerns and best practice
- network with other healthcare professions
- discuss education issues and challenges relevant to healthcare students in Wales.
The Wales Health Student Forum (WHSF) has recently been re-branded in collaboration with students and HEIW Communications Team to develop an online resource where students can hold discussions, access resources, share information, and provide a supportive and inclusive culture.
For further information visit our forum webpage.
Who is it for?
The forum is open to all pre-registration healthcare students studying in Wales.
What are the benefits of joining?
- Attendance at the forum meetings is counted as placement hours for eligible professionalisms.
- Access to online resources and continued professional development (CPD) opportunities.
- Audiences with inspirational speakers, careers networks, service users and post graduate students within their own fields.
- Network with other healthcare professionals to promote interprofessional learning.
- Discuss education issues relevant to healthcare students in Wales.
- Network, discuss and engage with high profile figures in the NHS, universities and Welsh Government.
- Challenge and highlight concerns and best practice.
What do past and current members say?
“As the WHSF is the only multi-disciplinary forum in the UK, offering support and representation to every healthcare student in Wales, I have developed a great sense of multi-professional working.”
“Through the WHSF I have had exposure to information I would not have had as part of my degree alone.”
“Being on the forum has allowed me to have a say on what the future NHS will look like. Most importantly it is great fun!”
How do I join?
Please contact HEIW.WalesHealthStudentForum@wales.nhs.uk or alternatively complete the following registration form.