Level three training (ST6 - ST8)
Both the north Wales / Mersey and south Wales programmes offer rotations based on the trainee's career aims.
The training programme at ST6-8 provides training opportunities to develop:
- General paediatric consultants - in smaller acute inpatient units with a level two neonatal unit, with community commitments
- General paediatric consultants - in acute inpatient units
- Community paediatric consultants
- Neonatal consultants- through the national grid process
- Tertiary specialists- through the national grid process
In addition to general paediatric and community paediatric posts there are posts available in the following subspecialties:
- Emergency Medicine
- Paediatric intensive care
- Palliative care medicine
There is also the option of taking time out of programme for research or overseas placements.